Thursday, April 2, 2009

Nintendo DS for the Common Man!

Reader Heather, from Rhode Island, writes:
I don't like video games. I don't understand the appeal of shooting people or making little tiny people jump up and down. I also don't like things like car racing. Therefore, pressing a button to make a little animated car with cute figurine as driver - just does not do it for me. I am also quite sensitive to violence. I get uncomfortable when there is a significant amount of blood or fighting. I don't like sports such as golf or basketball. I also have coordination issues and have trouble doing things with both hands. In short, video games have never interested me.

I used to wonder about the day video games would not be all about sports and killing. One day a gaming system that would stimulate the mind. That one day has come.

Let me introduce you to the Nintendo DS.

http://www.nintendo.com/ds/what


It is small, fits into a purse and has cheaper games than most systems. I have only played a few but my favorites are Zenses: Ocean. A fun brain twister with several mini games that looks really pretty. Is it also quite addicting and comes with a music download soundtrack. My new love is for Mah Jong Quest : Expeditions. Mahjong is a matching tiles game. It is similar to solitaire but a bit more difficult and even more fun. I have been playing this game for about two weeks now and it has not gotten old yet. There are even little fortunes once you finish a board!

Thank you Nintendo.

I also have a Nintendo DS, and I second Heather's comments. They're really great, no matter what kind of games you like to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment